Welcome to my personal site.
I'm Herwig Juster. Thanks for visiting my site.
I'm a polymer engineer, explorer and leopard-gecko fan.
Currently, I work at Solvay Specialty Polymers. Here, my main focus is supporting the automotive industry to select the optimal high performance polymers for specific applications in the classical internal combustion car, hybrid- and electric car as well as on the fuel cell car.
I hold a Ph.D. in polymer engineering respectively polymer injection moulding from the Johannes Kepler University (Austria) and a master and bachelor in polymer engineering and science from the University of Leoben (Austria). My engineering education is complemented by a master in Industrial Management and Business Administration (IMBA) also from the University of Leoben (Austria).
"There are no limits to what science can explore. " - Ernest Solvay
My professional core competencies are:
- High performance plastics:
- Amorphous: PC, PSU, PESU, PPSU, PEI, PAI
- Semi-crystalline: aliphatic and semi-aromatic Nylons (PA 6, PA 6.6, PARA, PPA), PPS, PPE, PEEK, PAEK, Fluoropolymers (PTFE, PFA/MFA, PVDF),
- Fluids: PFPE and Elastomers: FKM and FFKM
- Polymer material selection (technical requirements analysis and specification, material price evaluation, direct coordination with Tier-1 and OEM engineering teams in Automotive)
- Metal-to-Plastic and Plastic-to-Plastic replacements
- Processing and application technology assistance (with focus on injection moulding)
- Business development generation (marketing, new projects identification, and new customers prospecting)
- Technical Market Development
- Digitalization in Plastics Industry (optimization using data)
This site hosts:
Now that you know a little about me, I’d like to know: how can I help you? If you want to put plastics to work for your business, we should talk.
#polymerengineering #highperformancepolymers #plasticsindustry #Kunststoffe #businessdevelopment #Kunststofftechnik #polymers